- UCC Sports Strategy – Have your say
UCC Sports Strategy – Have your say
Morgan Buckley, UCC Director of Sport & Physical Activity
I would like to welcome everyone back to a new season of sport & physical activity in UCC. We have an extensive programme, organised through the 58 sports clubs, staff clubs and the top class facilities we have here in UCC – at the Mardyke (Arena, track and pitches) and our outdoor facilities at the Farm.
Already we are off to a great start with a number of clubs participating in fixtures and events to date.
Since starting as Director in July I have been busy meeting people and learning the ropes. A work in progress. My main priorities are:
- Create a new vision for sport and a master plan for sports facilities in UCC – through the Sports Strategy Group, chaired by Professor John O Halloran, Vice President and Register.
- Lead a great team to grow and develop sport & physical activity
- Provide excellent sports programmes and activities with our staff and partners: in clubs; across UCC; the Mardyke Arena; external groups; and our sponsors – Bank of Ireland.
- Develop Active UCC – to promote physical activity
- Raise the profile of sport & physical activity.
Everything we are doing is aimed at improving sport & physical activity and building a very strong partnership with the students. We are working closely with Alan Hayes and his team in the Students Union and Bríd Ní Dhonnabháin, Clubs President and her team.
We are working to define our future vision for sport & physical activity. We would like you to invite you to have your say via this short survey.
PLEASE CLICK ON LINK TO ACCESS THE SURVEY: UCC Vision for Sport + Physical Activity
The survey is designed to give us a snapshot of the perceptions of UCC Sport & Physical Activity from the perspective of the people who matter most: students, staff, faculty, etc.
The closing date for responses is Wednesday 10th October.