Sports Facilities Plan
We are working to develop and implement the new master plan for all sports facilities in UCC. This will focus on:
- Implementing plans to invest in and develop a network of new world-class outdoor sports facilities at the new UCC Sports Park, Curraheen which support UCC and our partners recreational, training, competitive, performance and academic requirements there and at the Mardyke.
- Continuing to provide and develop world class indoor recreational, training, competition, performance and academic facilities and services at the Mardyke and other locations as required.
- Designing the branding and mapping of our facilities on campus, the UCC Mardyke Sports Hub, UCC Sports Park in Curraheen and at other locations to promote and increase sustainable participation in sport and physical activity and wellness.
- Engaging with key stakeholders to lead the way in the creation of world class network of sport and physical activity facilities in Cork.
- Working in partnership with Cork City and County Council, Cork Sports Partnership, schools, other local agencies and the community to create and brand a unique city centre sports and physical activity zone from the mouth of the River Lee to the Mardyke, down to the Lee fields and out to Curraheen
- Creating partnerships with National Governing Bodies and leading sporting organisations in Cork to develop, share and explore the future development of world class training, competition and performance facilities which support the requirements of UCC and their participants.