UCC Hockey Scholarship Programme
UCC Hockey Scholarship Programme 2019/2020
The application process for the 2019/20 hockey programme is now open.
Please apply by completing the 2019/20 application form below. The closing date for 2019/2020 scholarships is 28th June 2019, which should be emailed to email@example.com
- Please CLICK HERE for application:
UCC Hockey Programme Scholarship Criteria
Criteria for Short-Listing
- International/Provincial representation at Pre-Entry Stage
OR Selection for Senior Team Panel in Club or Inter-Provincial Competition
- Succession Planning (addressing current and future positional needs, mindful of the turnover in players)
- Addressing Depth of Key Specialized Positions (i.e. Goalkeepers)
- (Post-Entry) Recognition of Outstanding Impact, Progression and Compliance in Hockey Academy.
Criteria for Awarding of Scholarships
- Re-Awards : Demonstrated progression within UCC Senior team, Compliance with scholarship programme, and Impact on hockey programme
- Re-Awards: Addressing International Panel Members
- Re-Awards: Addressing Interprovincial Panel Members
- Re-Awards/New Awards: Top level current starting Senior Players who may not have played representative
- New Awards: Admission to University College Cork
- New Awards: Top level of incoming fresher with representative honours (Irish Schools Starting Player)
- New Awards: Irish Schools fringe player /Munster Schools player
- New Awards: Irish Youth (Club)/ Munster Youth
Interviews/Meetings: (post-application) Scholarship or Academy candidates meet with UCC Hockey Development Officer and/or committee.
References: Follow-up by UCC Hockey Development Officer
Note: Consideration to Criteria for Awarding of Scholarships begins with UCC Senior team initially, and follows on through the prioritised criteria set forth above.