UCC Sports Scholarships 2019/2020
UCC SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMMES
University College Cork provides elite sports persons with the opportunity to apply for a variety of Sports Scholarships whilst pursuing their academic & sporting careers. High performance sports scholarships are managed through the Quercus Talented Students’ Programme. Please note that the closing date for Quercus scholarships was February 8th, 2019 and so that application process is now closed for 2019/20. Quercus sports’ Scholarships can be worth up to €10,000 per year and full details on the criteria and benefits of Quercus Sports’ Scholarships can be found on www.ucc.ie/en/quercus
The UCC Dept. of Sport and Physical Activity has a long established Sports Scholarship Scheme in place. We have remodeled our Sport Scholarships in line with our new Strategy for Sport. We are aiming to be the Go-To University for Sport in Ireland. We are developing a new performance strategy to enhance our support and sharpen our edge.
The UCC Sport Scholarship programme is divided into two main strands:
(1) UCC Individual Sport Scholarship – which is divided into three levels: Gold, Silver and Bronze. The Individual Sport Scholarship is open to applicants involved in team sports or individual sports other than the core sports.
(2) UCC Core Team Sport Scholarships which covers Hockey, Rugby, Soccer and GAA which incorporates Gaelic Football, Hurling, Ladies Gaelic Football and Camogie.
UCC SPORT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2019/2020
The application process for the 2019/20 programme is now open.
Please apply by completing the 2019/20 application form below. The closing date for 2019/2020 scholarships is 28th June 2019, which should be emailed to email@example.com
UCC INDIVIDUAL SPORT SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS AND AWARDS
The summary benefits to successful applicants for the Individual Sport Scholarship are as follows:
UCC CORE TEAM SPORT SCHOLARSHIPS BENEFITS
UCC Core Team Sport Scholarships have a range of specific benefits including a funding bursary, access to support services – high performance programme, coaching, physiology, sports science and medical support.
Developmental athletes will be supported on a Player Development Programme.
As part of our programme we are delighted to have the following sponsored scholarships:
- Roy Keane UCC Sport Soccer Scholarship
- M.J. Dowling UCC Sport Hurling Scholarship
- Jason Foley Memorial Scholarship
- Corporate sponsored scholarships – these vary from year to year. These include Bank of Ireland and Greenstar and Mycro.
The Munster Council of the GAA also allocates bursaries to GAA students living in the Munster region. These bursaries are open to players and administrators. These application forms are available through the Munster Council GAA in October. Please contact them directly.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND CONTACT DETAILS