UCC Soccer Scholarship Criteria
- International/Provincial representation at Pre-Entry Stage
- Players that were involved in a League of Ireland club or returned to Ireland from a professional team abroad.
- Players that excelled at their local club level.
- League representative honours
- Succession Planning (addressing current and future positional needs, mindful of the turnover in players)
- Addressing Depth of Key Specialized Positions (i.e. Goalkeepers)
- (Post-Entry) Recognition of Outstanding Impact, Progression and leadership.
Criteria for Awarding of Scholarships
- Re-Awards : Demonstrated progression within UCC Senior team, Compliance with scholarship programme, and Impact on soccer programme
- Re-Awards: Addressing International Panel Members
- Re-Awards: Addressing Interprovincial Panel Members
- Re-Awards/New Awards: Top Level current starting Senior Players who may not have played representative
- New Awards: Admission to University College Cork
- New Awards: Top-Level of incoming fresher with representative honours (Irish Schools, Full Irish Team, Starting Player, League representation, Emerging Talent Program players )
- New Awards: Irish Schools fringe player / Interprovincial Schools player
Interviews/Meetings: (post-application) Scholarship or Player development program candidates meet with UCC Soccer Development Officer and UCC Soccer Club Representatives.
References: Follow-up by UCC Soccer Development Officer.
Note: Consideration to Criteria for Awarding of Scholarships begins with UCC Senior team initially, and follows on through the prioritised criteria set forth above.
UCC Soccer Scholarship Programme 2020/2021
To apply for the 2020/21 Soccer Sports scholarship programme – please apply here: UCC SPORT 2020 APPLICATION FORM