UCC Rugby Scholarship Criteria
- International/Provincial representation at Pre-Entry Stage
- OR Senior Cup Team Starting Player in Provincial Cup Competition
- Succession Planning
- Addressing Depth of Key Specialized Positions
- (Post-Entry) Recognition of Outstanding Impact, Progression and Compliance in Fresher Year.
Criteria for Awarding of Scholarships
- Re-Awards : Demonstrated progression to UCC Senior team, Compliance with player development programmes, and impact on programme
- Re-Awards/New Awards: Current Students playing Senior level who have played Irish U-20 or Irish U19, Irish Universities, or Club International
- Re-Awards/New Awards: Top Level current starting Senior Players who may not have played representative
- New Awards: Admission to University College Cork
- New Awards: Top-Level of incoming fresher with representative honours (Irish Schools Starting Player)
- New Awards: Irish Schools fringe player /Munster Schools player
- New Awards: Irish Youth (Club)/ Munster Youth
- New Awards: Irish Ladies Full International
Interviews/Meetings: (post-application) Scholarship or player development programme candidates meet with UCC Rugby Development Officer.
References: Follow-up by UCC Rugby Development Officer
Training Camp: To address Fitness Levels and Skills Proficiency
Note: Consideration to Criteria for Awarding of Scholarships begins with UCC Senior team initially, and follows on through the prioritised criteria set forth above.
UCC Rugby 2020/2021 Scholarship Programme
Applications for the 20.21 programme are now closed