UCC Rugby Football Club currently play in Division 1A of the All-Ireland League. Founded in 1872 the club has 5 adult team (4 Men’s and 1 Womens) competing provincially in the U20 Donal Walsh Trophy and nationally in the Frazer McMullen Cup, Munster Senior Seconds and J2 Leagues. Our Womens squad compete in the Student Sport Ireland National League and all squads compete at intervarsity level in the Dudley. Conroy, Maughan Scally and Kay Bowen Cups. A rugby scholar avails of a wide range of support services to allow for on-field and academic excellence.
UCC Rugby 2021/22 Scholarship Programme
Applications for the 21.22 programme will open on 1 March 2021 and close on 31 August 2021.
Please apply here by completing this online form:
UCC Rugby Scholarship Application Form
UCC Rugby Scholarship Criteria Season 21.22
- International/Provincial representation at Pre-Entry Stage
- OR Senior Cup Team Starting Player in Provincial Cup Competition
- Succession Planning
- Addressing Depth of Key Specialized Positions
- (Post-Entry) Recognition of Outstanding Impact, Progression and Compliance in Fresher Year.
Criteria for Awarding of Scholarships
- Re-Awards : Demonstrated progression to UCC Senior team, Compliance with player development programmes, and impact on programme
- Re-Awards/New Awards: Current Students playing Senior level who have played Irish U-20 or Irish U19, Irish Universities, or Club International
- Re-Awards/New Awards: Top Level current starting Senior Players who may not have played representative
- New Awards: Admission to University College Cork
- New Awards: Top-Level of incoming fresher with representative honours (Irish Schools Starting Player)
- New Awards: Irish Schools fringe player /Munster Schools player
- New Awards: Irish Youth (Club)/ Munster Youth
- New Awards: Irish Ladies Full International
Interviews/Meetings: (post-application) Scholarship or player development programme candidates meet with UCC Rugby Development Officer.
References: Follow-up by UCC Rugby Development Officer
Training Camp: To address Fitness Levels and Skills Proficiency
Note: Consideration to Criteria for Awarding of Scholarships begins with UCC Senior team initially, and follows on through the prioritised criteria set forth above.