- Latest from the World Student Games
Latest from the World Student Games
Hello all from Team Ireland HQ at the 28th World University Games.
Following four to five days of acclimatisation the Team is now eagerly looking forward to the start of the Games with the men’s and women’s football students the first into action in the morning. A total of 64 Irish High Performance Students will compete in six sports over the next fortnight in what will be a once in a life experience for most students competing.
You can follow their progress via our tweeter feed (@StudentSportIrl), Facebook (World University Games 2015) and the SSI web site. On the web site you can also find both the daily and full competition schedule for the Irish students. I also hope to issue email briefings every afternoon to SSI members.
The key highlights over the next few days include:
- The Men’s and Women’s football teams play Uruguay and Taipei at 11am tomorrow morning
- The opening ceremony will be held on Friday evening
- On Saturday morning the Archery and Swimming students will commence their competitions
- The Irish Ambassador to South Korea Mrs. Aingeal O’Donoghue will visit Team Ireland HQ on Saturday afternoon to meet with both students and team officials before later that afternoon supporting the Women’s Football team when they take on the Czech Republic
- On Sunday afternoon the Men’s Football team play China in their second group game.