Judo – Dojo Etiquette
- Keep your nails trimmed.
- Tie your hair with No Metal Elastics.
- Take off/Tape up your piercings.
- Take off your accessories.
- Judo Gi!
- If you don’t have Judogi, wear track pants. It is important that your legs are protected from possible blisters.
- Wear a heavy long sleeve top which you wouldn’t mind being pulled and stretched.
- Flipflops are handy to have to get around off the mat and avoid getting the mat dirty.
How to tie a belt:
Git dat film done
- In Judo, bowing is a sign of respect and there are times when you are expected to bow:
- Before getting on the mat and before getting off the mat
- Before starting the training session and after the training session.
- When the coach/sensei addresses you and after.
- Before and after engaging in free practice/randori.