We are working to embrace a culture of wellness and participation in physical activity. Please see UCC Keep Well site
Our priorities are:
- #ActiveUCC to co-ordinate and promote physical activity through all our programmes
- Promote and increase usage of services – programmes and activities at the Mardyke Arena
- Co-ordinate physical activity and health enhancing initiatives with the aim of being Ireland’s first university green and active flags and most active campus.
- Reward and recognise participation to demonstrate UCC’s belief in the value of health and wellbeing.
- Develop and luanch State of Mind Programme in connection with the 5 Ways To Wellbeing programme/State of Mind programme.
- Highlight opportunities to be more active: Take the Stairs campaign + Made2Move and Walk and Talk campaign
- In UCC there are 55 clubs participating in a diverse range of sports and activities. Sport is one of the best ways to enjoy exercise. Here is the list of all clubs: https://sport.ucc.ie/clubs
- Work with the extended community in Cork and the region – ie schools, Cork Sports Partnership, local agencies, sports groups, outdoor education and adventure sports sector to promote and develop sport and physical activity