Update On Return To Play 17th Jul 2020
The present position is:
- The first group of 6 sports have successful submitted their documentation and have been cleared to resume activities.
- Only Clubs who have been approved to RTP will be permitted to resume activities and book facilities.
- Our Track facilities re-opened this week – with new booking procedures in place through firstname.lastname@example.org
- The outdoor pitches at the Mardyke and Farm will re-open for training for approved sports next week (Monday 20 July) – again all facilities must be booked through email@example.com
- The Mardyke Arena has re-opened for individual users following a detailed processing of re-engineering of facilities, social distancing protocols and with new booking processes in place. Again for club activity only Clubs who have completed their RTP will be able to access the Arena. We are waiting for confirmation from the Arena when club facilities can be accessed. This will be later in the month.
There will be challenges ahead and we will work through this as best we can. These include:
- Our dressing rooms at the Mardyke Grounds and the Farm will not be open for the foreseeable future.
- We will need to manage capacity and access to facilities in line with the recommended limits for each sport and the setting indoor/outdoor.
- The changing facilities in the Mardyke Arena are not open.
- The squad gym space for Clubs is no longer available due to social distancing limits and we are working the Team in the Arena to assess how we can plan for the needs of sports who run squad gym sessions.
- There are major limitations on the use of studios and capacity in the Arena due to social distancing requirements.
- At all times we will be guided by health and safety guidelines.
Students Must Complete UCC Briefing and Questionnaire and Confirmation Is Required To Your Relevant Club Officer
- We also advise that UCC, Student Return to University Procedures, requires all students to complete the following: information briefing, a self-assessment 10 question MCQ, and 2 Self-Declarations relating to COVID and Health, https://ucc.instructure.com/enroll/BCBD9C
- This university-wide on-line module is required of all students and is in addition to and does not replace any course or setting specific material/requirements developed locally by units.
- On completion the students’ progress to a screen on Canvas and must confirm that they have completed the module to your relevant club officer.
- Please review this and ensure your student members complete the questionnaire.
Non students briefing
- Non – student members of clubs cannot access the system for UCC students. Accordingly we advise that they and all volunteers and officials complete the Sport Ireland online course or any relevant course provided through your NGB
UCC Covid 19 information
- At all-times please keep the official UCC information on Covid-19 under review https://www.ucc.ie/en/emt/covid19/
We look forward to receiving RTP forms from those clubs who are ready to do so. Please ensure you do this well in advance of your planned return so we can properly review this.
If you have any questions or issues please do not hesitate to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org or to me directly.
Update as of 12th March 2020
In line with Government policy, UCC Sports is closed from March 12th 2020 until further notice – pending further advice. The Government has requested that all schools and higher education institutions should close, and institutions should make other arrangements for teaching and learning and other activities in line with their business continuity plans.
- All UCC Sport and Club Activity is suspended until further notice.
- All sports facilities (competition, training, indoor, outdoor – other) are closed. The Mardyke Arena will close.
- We request that no club undertakes any travel or any activity of any kind during this period.
- Many of you will be also be provided guidance from your governing body of sport.
- Please do not look to make any bookings or plan any trips for the month of April or beyond until advised.
- If you require any advice or information please refer to the UCC site https://www.ucc.ie/en/emt/covid19/
- We will also post advice on the UCC Sport Website https://sport.ucc.ie/category/news/
The situation is rapidly changing and we will continue to closely monitor the coronavirus outbreak and the advice from the National Public Health Emergency Team, the HSE, and the University Emergency Management Team on a daily basis.
Further updates will be issued on a regular basis at www.sport.ucc.ie and on our social media platforms.