The UCC Kilometre
Running and walking are some of the easiest forms of exercise and are great for getting fit and keeping healthy. In UCC we are so lucky to have such a beautiful 1km route right on main campus. The UCC Kilometre is the route used for the Annual Desk to 5K run held in semester 2.
This is a great route to walk for so many reasons:
- It’s on main campus so you can go for a walk during breaks,
- Going for a walk during lunch or study breaks will help give you more energy for the rest of the day and relieve stress,
- It’s a short loop so you can do it even if you don’t have a lot of time (1 lap should take about 10 – 15 minutes walking),
- It’s a beautiful route taking you through the nicest parts of UCC,
- It’s includes flat parts and hills,
- Easy to incorporate into you’re daily routine.
Walking is incredibly important for your health. Not only will it help you lose weight, tone muscles and increase you’re stamina but it will also strengthen your heart, lower your blood pressure and cholesterol and reduce your risk of developing disease (e.g. diabetes).
So try it out and walk 2-3 laps of the UCC Kilometre next time you need a break from college or work.